I have not been feeling well since last Fri, running a high fever and just feeling all over yucky. I finally broke down and visited the dr yesterday and I have strep throat! I never would have guessed that since I don't have a sore throat or blisters, but the dr said you can still have strep without those symptoms, since the other symptoms I have are also related to strep. So, I am now on an antibiotic and the dr said to drink plenty of fluids and get lots of rest--sure, that is so easy to do!!
This is the problem, as a sahm, I don't have sick days or personal days, so when I am sick and need rest it is difficult to get that. Steve is not able to take off any this week, so I am left taking care of both kids on my own, even though I can barely drag myself out of bed! Now usually, Steve is really good about taking off when I am sick, he is a great hubby & Daddy, there are just other circumstances going on at work right now that make it impossible for him to take any time off. Just bad timing for Mommy to get really sick!
So, hopefully I will get a little rest in between taking care of the kids and just pray that they are super-cooperative the next few days. Because I do have a great husband, he comes home and lets me go straight to bed and takes care of dinner, cleaning up and taking care of the kids all evening, even after he has had a rough day at the office! What a great man I married! I hope that my antibiotic kicks in soon and I get a little energy back because when Mommy is down the whole house suffers!
No comments:
Post a Comment