Saturday, October 23, 2010

What a day, What an accomplishment!

Amazing! Steve & I accomplished something today that not many people take on...we ran & completed our first every half marathon! We both participated in the 1st Annual Cincinnati Half Marathon in downtown Cincinnati this morning and it was quite the experience!

We both began training in the spring, Steve on his own & with a friend & myself with a running group & a friend. I have to admit, I didn't train near as much as I should have, but with my 3-4 weekly workouts at the YMCA & the running I was able to do, I feel I did fairly well. Up until this point, I had only run as a form of training for upcoming basketball seasons, when I played, so I had never run for the purpose of only running. It was such an adjustment, but one that Steve & I both felt we wanted to take on, if for nothing else to say that we did it!

The experience of the actual race was something I will never forget. The crowd of runners & spectators, the closed off streets through the city, and having my husband right there beside me, were all memories that I will remember for years to come. I have to say, I could not have made it without Steve and his encouragement. This was by far one of the most challenging goals I have ever taken on, but with Steve at my side, it was something that we were both able to conquer and something that we can say we did together!

No comments: