So, we have been spending a lot of time around water now that the weather is nice & warm and Mitchell loves it! We always knew that he was fearless, but around water he is even more crazy! The kids & I went with some friends to the Florence Aquatic Park last Wednesday and Mitchell scared me to death! He did not want for me to hold him or to even hold on to his hands while he walked in the water. The water park has a huge area that is 0 depth to about 1 1/2 ft deep, so Mitchell could walk in it, but he would lose his balance and then fall in face first! I thought a few times of doing that and he would want to hold on to me, but I was wrong. He just wanted to keep going at it, trying to do everything that the bigger kids were doing! Needless to say, I barely made it through the experience without having several heart attacks and went out yesterday and bought him a one-piece swim outfit with the inner tube around the waist. I am hoping that this will at least give Mommy & Daddy some reassurance!
Last night we were at a 1st bday party for Makena Lainhart and they had their huge inflatable water slide set up. Again, Mitchell doesn't see that he is smaller then the other kids and was right in there climbing up and going down the slides! It just amazes us that he is so fearless! Abigail has always been so cautious & timid, especially when she was younger. But Mitchell goes at everything full force ahead! He is climbing and doing things that Abigail is just now starting to do and he is only 18 months old!! We are scared to think what kind of heart attacks he will give us down the road as he gets older!
It is crazy the differences that there are between boys & girls! We are so lucky to have one of each & get to experience both! Life is definitely more exciting with Mitchell in it, we love our little boy so much!
1 comment:
Hey, what a cute family. Welcome to the world of blogging, I know nothing but wife is quite good at it. Its fun to keep up with friends and family.
Post a Comment