Friday, October 3, 2008

Date Night for Mommy & Daddy!

Tonight was a first for us, we went out on a date and left the kids with a sitter at home! Big step for us, we have always left the kids with the grandparents when we go out! But we decided that they were old enough now to stay with a good, responsible sitter and we found a teenager that lives just a street over, so it worked out perfectly! I have to admit that I was a little nervous, as this was a first for all of us, and she would be putting both kids to bed, but everything went very smoothly for her and the kids. The kids were so excited when Sarah Jane came over (they had already met her a few weeks ago) and the report when we got home was a good one! So, I am sure we will be using her quite often now and are excited about that!

For our date, Steve & I went to dinner & to the movies to see "Fireproof". We had such a good time, despite the fact that we are both pretty sick (Steve has a sinus infection and I have mono & a sinus infection-yuck!) It was so good to be out together and just get to enjoy each other's company. The movie was great and it made us so appreciative of what a wonderful marriage that we have and how great it is to be married to your best friend. I have to be the luckiest woman in the world to have found such a caring, loving, God-centered man to share my life with. He is the best daddy and takes care of all of us, always putting our needs before his own. And even after an extremely hard day at work, he will come home & give the kids & I 100% of his attention and love. I love him with my whole heart and I know that God led us to each other, as we are a perfect combination. With God at the head of our marriage, I know that we will make it through anything and will always show an unconditional love for the other.

So, date night was wonderful! We have always tried to have a date night at least once a month, but lately we haven't been able to line up the grandparents to keep the kids for us. Finding Sarah Jane and her doing such a good job is such a blessing to us because now we will be able to have these date nights as frequently as we would like. I know I am already looking forward to the next one!

No comments: