Sunday, October 19, 2008

Disney on Ice!












Today Steve & I took Abigail to see Disney on Ice: Worlds of Fantasy at US Bank Arena, it was a wonderful date with our daughter! We all had so much fun together and the show was awesome! Abigail was so excited to see some princesses and Tinker Bell! This was really the first big outing we have gone on with just Abigail and she was beyond thrilled to have Mommy & Daddy all to herself and get to watch Disney too! We decided Mitchell was a little too young to attend this year, so he got to spend a fun-filled day with his Nana & Poppa (he had much more fun, he got to ride a tractor, made his day!)

We got a big tub of popcorn & some drinks and found our seats. Abigail, being as impatient as her mother, could barely stand waiting for the show to begin. As soon as the lights went down, Mickey & Minnie came out and the look on her face was priceless! She didn't know what to think or do! She started waving and saying hi to them, even though we were up quite a ways. She watched the entire show so intently and was just mesmerized with the action on the ice. She knew a bunch of the songs and sang along and even danced. She stayed glued to Daddy's lap, which Steve was most happy with! He got to get lots of good hugs and kisses throughout the show!

I sat there and watched her reactions more than I watched the show. I was just so overwhelmed with love and admiration for this little girl that captured my heart over 3 1/2 yrs ago! To see the pure astonishment on her face was enough for me! She has just gotten to be so big over the last year, definitely not a baby anymore. It even made me cry as I watched her because she is growing up so fast and I want to cherish every moment that we have with her because they are already counting down. But no matter how big she gets, she will always be our little girl!

No comments: