Sunday, November 16, 2008

Abigail's Kisses

We are very lucky that we have such great kids and I guess that they have learned from us how to be affectionate. There is never a shortage of hugs & kisses around our house and there are always lots of "I love you's" going around. Tonight while putting Abigail to bed, I was able to gather even more goodnight kisses than usual! Daddy was the first to tuck her in tonight and he taught her a butterfly kiss, where you let your eyelashes flutter together. She thought this was so great, another way to kiss! So, when I went in next to say prayers & tuck her in, she showed me how to butterfly kiss. After the butterfly kisses, she asked for some Eskimo kisses that I had showed her to do several weeks ago. Then off the top of her head, she asked me if I wanted a giraffe kiss. I said sure and asked how we did giraffe kisses. She preceded to tell me that you have to rub your foreheads together to giraffe kiss. So, we did some giraffe kisses. Next, she sat there for a minute and I could tell she was trying to come up with another type of kiss, and she asked me if I wanted to zebra kiss. At this point, I am trying to hide my laughter, but she was being serious and had given lots of thought to these. I asked her how to zebra kiss and she said that we had to rub our chins together, that was a zebra kiss.

So, needless to say, on many nights we now have a plethora of kisses to choose from and never know what crazy thing she will come up with next! She is so creative and has such a vivid imagination that we never know what she will dream up! As a parent, it is so amazing to watch your kids' personalities take shape and get to take part in their dreams and of course to share many, and sometimes, silly kisses!

No comments: