We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend as usual, spending time between Steve's side of the family & mine. We spend Thursday-Thanksgiving Day at Steve's uncle's house with his extended family, as well as his parents & sister. The kids had such a great time seeing their cousins and eating lots of great food! We had an enjoyable time getting to catch up with everyone and just enjoying good company.
Friday we woke up and got ready for our trip to Carrollton to spend Thanksgiving with my side of the family. This year was a special treat, as my Grammy & her new husband made the trip north from their home in TX. The kids loved seeing them and again got to play with a cousin and of course, Nana & Poppa's dogs.
I think Thanksgiving has to be one of my favorite holidays. I love some good food (and believe me, in our 2 families, there is plenty of that!!) and getting to spend so much time just talking and socializing, without the hassle of presents and everything. I was so excited to see my Grammy this year, that was truly the icing on the cake for me! I am so thankful that our kids come from 2 wonderful families and are blessed to get to experience this kind of togetherness. I know that it's because of those people, that Steve & I are who we are today and in turn, will help shape Abigail & Mitchell too.
No comments:
Post a Comment